Saturday, August 3, 2013

The French Word-of-the-day on my blog today is:
 manger ses mots
(mahn-zhay-say-moh)
    : to speak inarticulately, to mumble 


At least this time I didn't even try to pronounce it before I pulled up the break down! ha!

But... I have to tell you that while hand finishing chicken wire to have just the right patina, I might have manger ses mots a few times!!! Anyway, it is not a quick process; chemicals, ventilation, sponge brushes, rubber gloves (that never really fit) and all those little twisty wires ugh ~ I knew there was a reason I was saving it for last. I spent the day putting the final touches on this piece so it can go to the store tomorrow. The wax finish on the paint had to cure for a month and finally I could deal with taking the shine off the new chicken wire. Add some knobs and ...




With the matching breakfast table and two chairs I think it will make a cute setting for dorm or small eat-in kitchen or even a sun room. I have several different options for accents to go with these pieces. Well...What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment