Wednesday, August 21, 2013

 
The Italian word of the day today is:
la lavatriche
Meaning: washing machine

 
I got another little gadget thingy for my blog and because I've wanted to learn to speak Italian for a long time, it won out over lots of other gadget thingies. This one actually speaks the word for you, just click the button. You can do it as many times as you need to until you can say the word properly. My problem is remembering them later. Anyway....
 
I have definitely used my "la lavatriche" this week! Remember, the chaos that caused me to go into a "la frénésie de ménage" (fray-nay-zee deuh may-nazh) better known as cleaning frenzy!! (Don't worry, I won't start mixing Italian with French. I wouldn't be able to keep up with what in the world I'm talking about!) Anyway... I have been working through one room at a time. I thought that I would give you a little tour of my space along with my progress report.
 
I started in the Sewing room. Here is the before picture. Note that the chair is full, the floor is full, and stuff is piled everywhere.
 
 
Here are the after pictures;
This one shows the large windows that let in a lot of natural light, and let me watch the rain...which lately has been a lot. Counter space for machines and shelving for fabric storage.
 
 
This one shows more fabric storage and my hand sewing chair. Which by the way is now empty and I can actually sit in it if I need to!!! It also shows a basically uncluttered floor! During this room's cleaning, it included washing and ironing 96 vintage white dinner napkins soon to be repurposed.
 
 
This one shows my ribbon and trim storage rack, and my button storage, which is the old blue Ball canning jars. A vintage dress-form, one of many in my collection. A vintage Wrights bias tape rack, and my empty chair with a sewing caddy on the arm (Which I sell in my store).

 
This one shows my thread storage racks, my vintage Coats & Clark thread cabinet, baskets of trims and a couple more sewing machines (covered) that would not fit on the counter and still have room to sew anything.
 
 
I love everything to be neat and clean and most of all well organized! I like to stage little vignettes to make things look interesting and inspiring. 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment